Lampasas ISD follows guidance from the CDC and coordinates with the Texas Dept of Health to provide the safest environment for our students' health. We have a plan of action for infection control measures and monitoring any contagious illnesses affecting our area. We will communicate with the district any information affecting our public health provided by these entities.
Family Access Information
Lampasas ISD has a new automatic email you can "opt" into. To receive automatic emails when your child has visited the clinic or low on inventoried medication, follow these instructions:
Log into Family Access --> My Account (top right corner) --> click the box that states Receive Health Office Visit Notifications.
Once you receive this email, you can log into Family Access --> Health Info (tab on left) --> click "Display Option" next to child's name
There is a lot of helpful information in this tab.
If you need to send records to the nurse, please send to email@example.com
This includes immunization records or any other document requested by the school nurse.
School Nurses provide the following services:
Health Maintenance and Monitoring
- Basic First Aid - The school clinic is equipped to provide only basic first aid. Certain over-the -counter products are stocked in the clinic for treatment. These products include caladryl lotion, 911 Spray, petroleum jelly, and saline eye wash. If you do not wish your child to be treated with these products, please inform the school nurse at your child's school.
- Chronic disease management
- Communicable Disease guidelines
- Medication administration
- Physical Assessment
- Skilled nursing care and procedures
- State Immunization compliance
Health Promotion and Education
- Dental Health
- Disease Prevention
- Growth & Development
- Healthy Lifestyles
- Safety Awareness
Emergency Preparedness Training
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Crisis Intervention
- Bleeding Control
- State Policy
- Medical & Dental referrals
- Employee and Community Health Program
Note: The Lampasas Independent School District Health Services department does share personal identifiable student health information with state and local public health entities on a need to know basis for the purposes of immunization compliance and communicable disease control as required by state law.
"You can't educate a child who isn't healthy, and you can't keep children healthy who aren't educated."
Jocelyn Elders, Former US Surgeon General