Student Meal Account

  • The management of the student account is the parent's responsibility. Under the program guideline, all charges are required to be paid in full by the end of the school year. Schedule of repayment options are available through the Nutrition Services Department.  If the parent’s status has changed, it may be best for the parent to complete a new application for free or reduced meals.  If charges occur before the meal application is approved then charges must be paid as accrued.


    Student Account:

    • Students have their own account.
    • A six-digit District ID is also used for their lunch ID for all cafeteria purchases and payments.
    • Parents may request that their child is not permitted to purchase items from the cafeteria.  In this event, a special note will be made in the POS computer to this effect.  Parent will need to submit request in writing or by email.  Contact the Nutrition Service office at (512) 556-8948.
    • Family Access-Food Service has information regarding student meal account balances and current purchase history.  Placing limits on student(s) purchases is also accessible through Family Access-Food Service.  
    • Positive balances are carried over each school year unless the student withdraws or graduates. 
    • If you have a child withdrawing or graduating who has a positive balance, you have two options. You may transfer the funds to another account or you can receive a refund. It is the parents’ responsibility to complete the Request Form and return the form to the Nutrition Services office. 



    • High School Only - $25.00 and below, will be available for cash refunds
    • Over $25.00 - will be available for check refunds
    • To request check refunds over $25.00, a request form will need to be completed and returned to the campus cafetereria, by mail or by email.  
    • To request transfers from one account to another account, a request form will need to be completed and returned to the campus cafeteria or to the Nutrition Service office.
    • For form please click here → Refund request form


    Meal account payments:

    • Cash and check prepayments may be made directly to the cafeteria during school food service hours (7:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.)
    • cash - For elementary, please send cash or check in a sealed envelope with name of student(s) and teacher.
    • check - make payable to LISD Food Service and must include current mailing address, phone number, and name of student(s).
    • E-funds - online payment services



    In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.  Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.  To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

    Mail:  U.S. Department of Agriculture

    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

    1400 Independence Avenue, SW

    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410

    Fax: (202) 690-7442; or Email: This institution is an equal opportunity provider.