Health Insurance Open Enrollment
Health Insurance Open Enrollment Effective September 1, 2021
Health Insurance Open Enrollment is from July 27, 2021 to August 13, 2021 for all Lampasas ISD employees including substitutes. – To ensure you receive updated insurance cards, all applications must be submitted during this enrollment period.
- During Open Enrollment, all employees and substitutes will be required to complete an online enrollment/declination for Health Insurance with a First Financial Representative at the same time that you decline/enroll in any Cafeteria Benefits. Be aware that all health insurance plans have price changes and benefit changes effective September 1, 2021.
- If you are making any of the following changes, you must make the changes with a First Financial representative or through the online open enrollment process:
- Health Plan Changes: ActiveCare HD, Primary, Primary +, ActiveCare 2, or Scott & White (no new enrollment to ActiveCare 2 is allowed)
- Coverage Changes: Employee Only, Employee & Spouse, Employee & Children, or Employee & Family
- Dependent Coverage Changes: (addition and/or removal of dependents -- this MUST be done even if you are declining all dependents)
- Declining Coverage (not previously declined): including all dependents (self, spouse, and/or children) Declining Health Coverage for dependent(s) including spouse who may or may not have health insurance is VERY IMPORTANT. Spouses that both work for the school district need to make sure whoever is not carrying health insurance for your entire family (one or both of you) will need to decline all dependents (including spouse) not covered by you.
- Any other change in name, address, etc.
- Please make sure you have this information available before you begin the online process or meet with a First Financial Representative (see below for dates that the First Financial Representatives will be available to help you with the online enrollment process -- we encourage you to bring the information below and let First Financial Representative help you with the enrollment):
- Your social security number and birthdate.
- Your dependents (spouse and/or children) social security number(s) and birthdate(s) - even if you are declining all coverage for your dependents.
- Decision on what Health Insurance Plan you will enroll in or if you plan to decline all health insurance for you and your dependents (reason for declining).
Once you have the information above, you may go to First Financial's website https://ffga.benselect.com/enroll to register online. Online Enrollment Instructions are available at the beginning of the Benefits Overview Guide provided by First Financial.
First Financial Representatives will be available to enroll employees and substitutes(see below for dates, times, and locations):
Thursday, July 29th 8:00am-4:00pm at LISD Board Room - 207 West 8th Street
Thursday, August 5th 7:30am-4:00pm at LISD Board Room - 207 West 8th Street
Wednesday, August 11th 8:00am-4:00pm at LISD Board Room - 207 West 8th Street
New Insurance Cards will be sent to all Employees enrolled in Active Care and anyone that makes any changes in their health plan selection or dependents. Active Care insurance plans are with 'BlueCross BlueShield of Texas' and Prescription Drug Card is from 'Caremark'.
Summary of Changes from plan year 2020-21 to plan year 2021-22 – Effective September 1, 2021 (Not an all inclusive list, please see TRS Enrollment Guide and individual health plans for more information.)
- Rate Changes -- 2021-22 Health Insurance Rates.
- Benefit Changes related to deductibles, co-pays for services, co-insurance, out-of-pocket maximums, and prescription drug. See TRS Enrollment Guide for more information.
- Enrollees may make plan changes during the plan year due to a special enrollment event, a court order is considered a special enrollment event (within 31 days after the event date).
- A special enrollment event will allow individuals who voluntarily drop coverage during the plan year to re-enroll within 31 days after the special event date.
- Review provider list for any changes/additions/deletions in hospitals, clinics, doctors, etc.