Instructor: Cassidy Stapp
Course: 6th Grade Science
School Phone: 512-556-3101
Year at a Glance:
1st Nine Weeks
Unit 01: Safety & Procedures
Unit 02: Physical Properties of Matter
Unit 03: Elements
2nd Nine Weeks
Unit 04: Compounds
Unit 05: Energy Resources
Unit 06: Conservation of Energy
3rd Nine Weeks
Unit 07: Force & Motion
Unit 08: Solar System & Exploration
Unit 09: Earth Materials
4th Nine Weeks
Unit 10: Plate Tectonics
Unit 11: Taxonomic Groups
Unit 12: Ecosystems
Supplies: Chromebook charged, ear buds, composition notebook, pen, pencil, scissors, glue
Textbook: Class set/ Online tech book
Expectations: All students are expected to follow the rules to help make every learning experience successful for themselves and their peers.
Suggestions for performing your best in Pre-AP courses
1. Form a study group with friends. Work with your classmates on assignments both in and out of class. Collaborate on work, but don’t copy other student’s work.
2. Attend tutorials when you are having trouble finishing an assignment. Do not wait until the morning of the day that an assignment is due to come in for help.
3. Manage your time wisely. Expect to spend several days working on individual projects and studying for AP style quizzes and tests.
4. Don’t get discouraged. When you are feeling overwhelmed or helpless, seek encouragement from family and friends and from your instructor.
5. Keep up with the work. Make corrections to homework in a timely manner, complete your assignments as soon as you receive them, and, when you are absent, work diligently to get back on track as soon as possible.
6. Push yourself to perform better on each and every quiz and test. Progress is much more important than a grade on one particular assessment. Analyze your performance and find ways to improve on subsequent assessments.
7. Keep your eye on the goal. You are taking this class to prepare yourself for rigorous AP courses and college level coursework in the future. Remember when you are struggling that the reward is worth your efforts.
I have read the Pre-AP syllabus, and I am aware of the expectations of a student in this course:
Parent Name: (Printed) __________________________________________
Student Name: (Printed) _________________________________________
Signature:__________________________________ Date ______________